This website is operated by Bradfords Building Supplies Limited.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
This policy, together with our Terms and Condition sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us. We strictly adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Who we are:
Bradfords Building Supplies Limited ('we' or 'us') is the 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
What information we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We may collect and process information about you, including your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including your email address and mobile phone number), payment card details, product selections and details of your purchases and buying habits.
We will collect this information when you place an order, register on our website, provide a review of a product, use any online form on our website, respond to a survey, or enter a competition or promotion.
We may also collect information about you via CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit any of our stores and information contained in and records of communications between us, including telephone calls.
If you provide us with personal information about another person, you must ensure that before you provide us with their personal information, you have their agreement to do so and that they are aware of the ways in which we use personal information as set out in this policy.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide products and services as well as improve and personalise our service to you.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user's internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, for example we will use your payment card details, email address, mobile number and delivery address to process your order with us;
- So that we can identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- To conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- To carry out customer analysis and review your purchasing preferences;
- To notify you about changes to our products and services and to otherwise communicate with you;
- If you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- At the time of or following any order made by you, we may carry out security checks to prevent against verification checks to help detect and prevent fraud;
- To customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- To notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you; and
- To help us review, update and improve the goods and services we offer to you.
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about our products and services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Other businesses within our group or which we have selected carefully may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you complete our online order form. Click here to see what this form looks like.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, our group or other businesses, you can opt out at any time. Please send an email with "NO MAIL" in the heading to email@example.com
If, at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active databases, please send an email entitled "REMOVE FROM DATABASE" to firstname.lastname@example.org If you do any of these actions, we will take steps to ensure that your preferences are updated or the information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal information to members of the Bradford & Sons Group of companies (which includes Snows Timber and Crendon Timber Engineering).
We may also disclose your personal data to:
- Third parties such as our agents and service providers who carry out activities on our behalf. These activities may include fulfilment of orders, delivery of packages, sending post or email communications, maintaining and updating our database of customer details, analysing data to help improve our website, and processing payments.
- We may share limited information that we hold about you with third parties that also hold your information or have an existing online relationship with you in order to indemnify you as our customer and to enable us (or any third parties on our behalf) to provide you with online marketing. For example we may share you information with social networking sites so that they can identify you as our customer and tailor the marketing you receive via their sites.
- External agencies and organisation including law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to a prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets.
- Our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
We have installed a mechanism that uses digital server identities so that you can be sure that the website you access is bradfords.co.uk. This is done using one of the internet Trusted Certification Authorities. When you access the secure pages of our site your browser will be provided with an electronic certificate confirming that you have accessed our site and all communications will be encrypted. When you create an online order, request or feedback that is then passed on to the relevant destination using the same level of encryption, this includes credit card verification. Firewalls are used to block unauthorised traffic to the servers and the actual servers are located in a secure location which can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
We may charge a small fee (£10) for this service.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you, and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 01935 845245.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this policy in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ above).
Making a Complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the way that we handle your personal data, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office through their website www.ico.org.uk