“Growing with the Community since 1770”

The first Bradford to appear in the parish register was during the reign of Henry VIII and now, Bradfords is a privately held company with c.145 shareholders.

Older Bradfords branches are located near railway stations, which was the fastest method of distribution for our products in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Today Bradfords Building Supplies Ltd has over 50 branches throughout the South West, Herefordshire and Worcestershire and is one of Britain's leading names in the building supplies industry.


William Bradford owned quarries in Pilsbury producing lime for fertilizer

Where It All Began...


Jabez Bradford started the Yeovil branch of the business

The First Branch


 Bradfords were incorporated after being operational for 120 years



Philip Bradford joined the board and saw a boom in the building and timber businesses up until the outbreak of WWII

Business Boom


Substantial investment in an animal feeds business



Bradfords add a light side to the business – kitchen and bathroom showrooms

The animal feeds business sold and a restructure of company to include Bradfords Building Supplies


1980s and 90s

1983 new branches were opened at Exeter and Taunton. Slades of Evercreech, was purchased.  

Further acquisitions in 1990 with the purchase of May & Wills in Redruth and Kemps in Ross-on-Wye. A branch was opened in Ledbury in 1998 along with a further acquisition (Underwoods) in 2000 giving another two branches in Malvern and Worcester.


Acquisition of Snows Timber


New branches opened in Newton Abbot, Trowbridge and Weston-Super-Mare.



Crendon Timber Engineering purchased

Acquisition of Crendon Timber Engineering


Acquisition of Totem Timber, now known as the St Austell branch.

Further Expansion


10 kitchen and bathrooms showrooms were modernised across branches. 

New Markets
Delivery Address: Not Selected Edit Collection Branch: Not Selected Edit