Gender Pay Gap
At Bradfords, we are committed to providing a working environment in which everyone feels valued and respected and is able to pursue a rewarding career whilst contributing to the success of our business.
We oppose all forms of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
We support the introduction of mandatory gender pay gap reporting under the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017. We are working hard to develop a more diverse workforce, which includes becoming a more attractive employer to everyone.
We are required to publish certain information regarding our Gender Pay Gap. This includes the percentage difference or ‘Gap’ in the mean (average) and median (mid-point) rates of full pay for men and women and bonus pay for men and women. We are also required to publish the proportion of men and women who received bonuses as well as the proportion of men and women in each of four quartile pay bands.
In Bradfords the male Mean hourly rate is higher than the rate paid to women by 7.5%. The Median gap is 0.2%.
Both the Mean and Median figures are far lower than the UK national averages and demonstrates that we have no significant gender bias in either direction.
Our business, like many others in our sector, employs far more males than females. The % split per quartile is made up as follows.
We are working hard to attract more females to our businesses and believe we have made good progress, especially with initiatives like our Apprenticeship Programme.
However, we recognise we still have much work to do in this area.
The majority of all employees in Bradfords Building Supplies business received a bonus: 92.3% of male employees and 87.6% of female employees.
The number of people receiving a bonus has increased in the last 12 months as the BBS performance has improved.
The mean bonus pay gap in BBS is 37.9% indicating that males within the business have received an average bonus which is higher than the females. The median gap is 0%, indicating the mid-point bonus is exactly the same for males and females.
Our reward programmes are gender neutral and as performance in our businesses improves, we expect to reward all employees with increased bonuses.
We are working hard to attract more females to want to work for our business. We are approaching this in a number of ways:
- We have taken the decision to ensure we advertise our vacancies in places and ways that are attractive to everyone rather than people who normally work in our sector
- We have significantly improved our benefits package through our Acorn Rewards initiative. This includes the provision of extended and company enhanced maternity pay.
- Our Apprentice programme has now been up and running for 3 years and 37.5% of the participants are female.
- Our Fast Track talent development programme is helping us develop our people and 40% of the participants are female.
- At Bradfords we are committed to ensuring we maintain Gender neutrality across our pay and benefits, develop a more diverse workforce and ensure that everyone can progress and develop their careers with us through ambition, hard work and strong performance.
9th February 2022