Spit Nylon Frame Anchor
This hammer screw anchor is a pre-assembled through fixing designed specifically for battening and framework.
• Anti rotation barbs - Prevent the anchor from rotating in the hole
• Nylon sleeve - Assists shear capacity & reduces cold bridging (compared with metal fixings)
• Countersunk sleeve and screw - Allows flush finish
• Zinc plated drive screw - For corrosion resistance (dry internal use)
• Through fixing - Lowers in place cost
Tightening the screw causes the sleeve to expand. When point of contact is made in the hole the screw is drawn in towards the fixing until flush with the fixture surface.
• Wall plates
• Sole plates
• Door and window frames
Sleeve: polyamide 6 is resistant to weathering, ageing and rotting. Withstands temperatures from -20ºC to +60ºC. It has good electrical insulation properties. It has high tensile and compressive strength and is largely resistant to chemical attack.
Screw: 5.8 grade zinc coated 5μm.
1. Drill a hole of the correct diameter through the fixture to the minimum drilling depth given in the technical data table, blow out dust.
Note: If the fixture thickness is less than the maximum given in the table below, the hole depth has to be increased accordingly.
2. Position the anchor in the hole through the fixture using light hammer blows until the collar of the anchor makes contact with the part to be fixed.
3. Tighten using a pozidrive Nº.3 screwdriver until the head of the screw is flush with the collar of the anchor.
Anchor Drill dia Max fixture thickness Min hole depth Pozi size
10 x 80mm 10mm 30mm 50mm No. 3
10 x 100mm 10mm 50mm 55m No. 3
10 x 115mm 10mm 65mm 55mm No. 3
10 x 135mm 10mm 85mm 55mm N0. 3
10 x 160mm 10mm 110mm 55mm No. 3
£3.95 delivery charge on all 'Standard' orders. Please allow 3 - 5 working days for delivery.
Please see our Delivery section for more information.