Features & Benefits:
- Manufactured with zero ODP blowing agent. Certified Lambda value as low as 0.022 W/mK
- Easy to Install, suitable for new build and refurbishment
- Rigid PIR foam core with low emissivity foil facings
- Non-deleterious material
- Closed cell, moisture resistant structure
- Create ventilated roofing by placing between and/or below the rafter
- Place insulation above and between roof timbers creates warm roofing
|Ensure cavity wall insulation has continued to roof height to engage with roof insulation.
||Fix positioning battens to inner face of rafters.
|Fix a timber stop rail to end of rafter at eaves.
||Allow for ventilation gaps normally 50mm. (May be reduced depending on breather membrane certification).
|Lay Xtratherm insulation stagger jointed over rafters ensuring joints are supported by rafters.
||Cut boards to fit tightly between rafters flush with rafter bottom.
|Ensure boards are tightly butted fill any gaps with expanding foam.
||Additional 2nd layer should be added to the rafter underside.
|A vapour permeable underlay should be fitted; refer to manufacturers BBA certification.
||Run second layer transverse to the first.
|Providing an unvented void under the membrane can improve the thermal performance.
||Temporarily fix with nails
|Fix counter batten with approved fixings. Ventilation may have to be provided subject to certification.
||Provide vapour control layer (Aluminium tape joints).
|A second layer of insulation may be added between the rafters.
||Finish with 12.5mm plasterboard fixed with drylining screws.
|Provide vapour control layer to underside.
||Screw fix every 150mm, 12mm from edge of boards.
|Finish with 12.5mm plasterboard.
||All board edges should be supported.
Xtratherm Thin-R Pitched Roof XT / PR insulation is CFC/HCFC free, and manufactured using a blowing agent that has zero ozone depletion potential (ODP). Thin-R PIR insulation board achieves an A+ rating under the BRE Green Guide
Manufactured in accordance with BS/IS EN 13165:2008 Thermal insulation products for buildings. Factory made Rigid Polyurethane Foam (PUR) products
- BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- BS OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management Systems
£15.00 for all 'Big & Bulky' orders. These products will only be delivered to post codes within our South West network. You will be contacted within 24 hours of ordering to arrange a delivery date. Please note that deliveries are to the kerbside only.
Please see our Delivery section for more information.