Growing with the Community since 1770
William Bradford established Bradfords in 1770 in the Somerset hamlets of Thorney and Pibsbury. Originally selling lime and limestone to farmers, the business diversified into coal, agriculture and building materials.
In the 1800s the Head Office was established on its current site in Yeovil to be adjacent to the railway line.
Over the next century Bradfords expanded and consolidated its position as a general merchant selling everything from animal foodstuffs and chemical fertilisers to bricks and coal.
Today Bradfords Building Supplies Ltd has 49 branches throughout the South West, Herefordshire and Worcestershire and is one of Britain's leading names in the building supplies industry.